17 June 2009

Nobz and Boyz

No, nothing dodgy, just proppa rank and file greenskins.

Got a lot of painting to do here, and I've barely scratched the surface. Here's a couple of test boyz to see how I'm likely to paint them:



I've had a lot of trouble finding a method that is both fast and effective, especially when painting skin is concerned. I may have finally cracked it, but more on that in a later post.

To accompany my boyz I'm going to have a few well equipped nobz; mobz of boyz are basically just a vessel for carrying power klawz forward right? Sadly AoBR didn't have any PK's in it, so I had to make a couple, here's my efforts (thanks to Da-Waaagh for inspiration):
Again, this was a kitbash before I had any propper modelling materials. Here's one painted up using the skin technique I plan on using for all major characters (ie everything other than rank and file boyz):


The skin is made up of a number of layers of brown, highlighted up almost to white, then washed in Devlan Mud, and then Thraka Green. I really heart those new washes.

Oh and here's the first model I painted since getting back into 40k after a rather long break:

No comments:

Post a Comment